Sophie Guidolin's Salted Date & Caramel Protein Ball Recipe
Get your sweet treat fill, in a healthy way, with nutritionist and personal trainer Sophie Guidolin's delicious protein ball recipe.
Instead of an instant sugar hit (and then crashing and burning 30 minutes later), choosing a healthy snack can help keep you energised for longer. It’s also a great way to add some extra nutrients into your body throughout the day.
For a sweet and healthy snack, nutritionist and personal trainer Sophie Guidolin has shared her delicious Salted Date & Caramel Protein Ball recipe. Enjoy!
Salted Date & Caramel Protein Ball Recipe: Ingredients
- 310g Fresh Dates, pitted
- 150g Coconut Oil
- 25g Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil, extra, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 50g Coconut Flour
Salted Date & Caramel Protein Ball Recipe: Method
- Place dates in a medium bowl. Cover with boiling water and let stand for 10 minutes to soften. Drain dates and discard water.
- Meanwhile add melted coconut oil with sifted cacao in a small bowl and leave to one side to thicken slightly.
- Process dates, vanilla extract, extra coconut oil and salt until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Using damp hands roll tablespoons of the date mixture into balls.
- Place flour in a small bowl. Roll the balls in the flour first and then the cacao mixture before placing on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with extra salt flakes and freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
I'd love to live near