Crystal Energy: A Beginner's Guide to Using Crystals in the Home
From amethyst to celestite, we delve into the world of crystals and the positive benefits.
The past 18 months have been stressful for everyone. From natural disasters to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has just been a lot to deal with. In response, people are more interested in discovering natural therapies and alternative healing remedies, to help them channel positivity and manage their anxiety.
In reaching out for products that hold peaceful and calming properties, crystals have become super popular. With many different types that all can be harnessed to help with things like energy, health and focus, its a bit of a minefield to navigate.
To help you understand the world of crystals, we spoke with Hayley De Angelis, the owner and director of Australian brand Cleanse & Co. They sell a vast range of crystals from raw clusters and towers, to crystal-encrusted scented soy candles and bathe soaks and, with their expert advice, you can align with your higher self and harness the energy of crystals in your everyday life.
What are Crystals?
Crystals come in forms of different shapes, size, colours and textures – often used for spiritual and mental wellbeing. Linked to energy and health, crystals help to facilitate positive environments and a balanced mindset by resetting and healing your body and space.
Why have Crystals Become so Popular, Recently?
Crystals have become extremely popular in our world today due to the increased level of tension and stress concerning our personal lives and global matters. Individuals have undeniably become busier, working longer hours and trying to keep up with schedules/deadlines and the hustle of everyday life. With greater importance placed on our mental health today, crystals have become crucial when it comes to exercising positive mindsets and promoting self-love.
What are the Main Benefits of Using Crystals in Your Home?
Crystals are not only for individual purposes helping the mind and body, but should be utilised throughout the home to increase calmness and productivity as well as free tension and negative energy from shared spaces throughout the home.
They not only look pretty as décor items but are powerful when it comes to elevating the room and promoting good communication. Maintaining positive energy is key to happy and healthy relationships, crystals promote open communication and cleanse the space for ultimate self-alignment and healing. In doing so, you gain the courage and knowing that you are able to achieve anything you set your mind to.
The Top 3 Crystals to Keep in the Bedroom
- Amethyst: helps soothe stress, irritability and balances mood swings – great for families. It assists in dispelling anger, fear, and anxiety which promotes relaxing environments.
- Howlite: This stone teaches patience and helps to eliminate rage, pain and stress. A beautiful tranquil stone to calm the mind and assist with peaceful and clear communication, essential to relationships between partners.
- Celestite: This incredible stone brings balance and alignment, hope and optimism. It is wonderful for healing sadness, grief or despair, and is a great aid to improving dysfunctional relationships by opening one to peaceful negotiations and a willingness to explore new experiences.
The Top 3 Crystals to Keep in the Study
- Carnelian: this stone soothes inflammation and over-active conditions as well as calming when needed. Carnelian supports positive life choices and helps you to become fully present. Encouraging you to trust yourself, a perfect stone for assisting you in study, during exams or any decision making.
- Clear Quartz: essential when manifesting intentions. It encourages thought clarity and heightens the purpose in your heart and mind. It is a powerful stone for energy as it enhances all levels.
- Tigers Eye: helps you focus your busy mind, assisting to resolve any problems and to have the determination to get tasks done.
Where Else Should You Keep Crystals?
Crystals can be placed on coffee tables, bedside tables and almost anywhere in the home that sits high to keep the energy clean.
- Plants: infuse soil to promote growth.
- Wallet and handbag: carry to attract abundance.
- Bathroom: encourages relaxation and promotes calmness.
- Pillow: under your pillow for a restful sleep.
- Doorways: to cleanse energy coming in and out of the home/office.
- Car: to offer support and safety whilst travelling.
I'd love to live near